We've been pretty quiet about it so far, but we've been developing a webcasting solution for a leading automation company in the the New England area. (automation companies make the things that make things)
- They wanted to run three live presentations to their employees at their world headquarters
- They wanted those presentations to be simultaniously available in their offices in Germany, California, and Washington, and they wanted managers in their Asia offices to be able to view the presentations at home.
- They also wanted the question and answer portions of all three sessions as well as the entirety of the most informative session to be availible for on-demand consumption within 24 hours.
- All that and the content had to remain unavailible to anyone who they didn't authorize.
- And of course nobody want to break the bank on these shows.
The two screen live program with audio re-enforcement is a pretty simple and cost effective show for us provide. We added an image maginification camera for the in-room audience, a custom encoding / streaming solution, and we partnered with our favorite live streaming content delivery network to provide the live version of the program to the web, which allowed each site to show the video, the powerpoint, or both together.
We also created a custom player solution and partnered with a different and very robust content delivery network that focuses on the on-demand space to offer the same presentation as a hosted program, with the ability to skip around within the presentation.
More importantly we made it modular, so this company can decide to expand upon their offerings, or we can quickly rebrand the solution for anyone else who might need this service.